ASH's more than 14,000 members comprise the world's largest professional society concerned with the causes and treatment of blood disorders and help support ASH's mission to further the understanding, diagnosis, treatment, and prevention of disorders affecting the blood, bone marrow, and the immunologic, hemostatic, and vascular systems.
To better understand ASH Members, please read Defining the Practice of Hematology, ASH's statement of the elements of training and certification required for the American hematologist, and the professional expertise that defines all hematologists.
Membership Benefits Include
- An annual subscription to Blood, which is published weekly. Blood is the leading journal worldwide in reporting basic and applied hematology research.
- Advance mailings of annual meeting materials, including the abstracts on flash drive, as well as dramatically reduced registration rates, priority hotel reservations, and access to rooms at headquarter hotels.
- Eligibility to sponsor abstracts and Scholar Award applications.
- Access to Consult a Colleague, an online service that allows ASH members to submit clinical questions to respected colleagues who are knowledgeable in specific areas of hematology.
- Society publications, including Hematology (the ASH Education Program), The Hematologist, and ASH NewsLink, as well as access to the members-only section of the ASH website.
- Advocacy and representation before the U.S. Congress and other government agencies; opportunity to join the ASH Grassroots Network, an increasingly important voice promoting the interests of hematology researchers and clinicians.
back to top