|The nomination period for the 2014 honorific awards is now open, the deadline for nominations is July 2nd, 2013.
The Honorific Awards are the Society's most prestigious awards, recognizing significant contributions to the field of hematology made by individual ASH members. Each year, the Society honors outstanding hematologists with the following awards: Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology, Henry M. Stratton Medal, William Dameshek Prize, E. Donnall Thomas Lecture and Prize, and Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize. To read more about the history of each award, see the links on the left.
2013 Honorific Award Winners
ASH will be announcing in the coming months who will receive 2013 Honorific Awards. These awards will be presented at the 55th ASH Annual Meeting taking place December 7-10, 2013 in New Orleans.
2012 Honorific Award Winners Announced
ASH is pleased to announce the seven scientists who have received 2012 Honorific Awards for their significant contributions to the understanding and treatment of hematologic diseases. These awards were presented at the 54th ASH Annual Meeting taking place December 8-11, 2012 in Atlanta.
A complete nomination must include the following:
- A completed nomination form for:
- A letter of nomination summarizing the nominee’s contributions to hematology, including the reason for the nomination
- A copy of the nominee’s current CV
- Both nominees and nominators for the Dameshek Prize, Stratton Medal, and Thomas Lecture must be members of ASH.
- Nominees and nominators for the Beutler Lecture and Prize and Wallace H. Coulter Award do not need to be members of ASH for a nominee to be considered.
- Nominees of all nationalities and all countries of residence are eligible.
- Self-nominations and posthumous nominations will not be accepted.
- Past recipients are not eligible for the award they received prior.
- Recipients may only receive one of the following awards per year; Mentor Awards, Wallace H. Coulter Award for Lifetime Achievement in Hematology, Ernest Beutler Lecture and Prize, William Dameshek Prize, Henry M. Stratton Medal, and E. Donnall Thomas Lecture and Prize.
- Voting members of the ASH Executive Committee and the ASH Awards Committee are ineligible for an honorific award during their tenure.
||July 2, 2013
|Notification of awards
|Presentation of awards
For more information or questions about the Honorific Awards, please contact ASH Awards, at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 202-776-0544.
back to top