Host a Virtual Independent Satellite Symposia at the ASH Meeting on Hematological Malignancies: A Virtual Experience
The virtual Independent Satellite Symposia (ISS) are industry-sponsored, CME-certified symposia offered in conjunction with virtual ASH specialty meetings. These events are not part of the official ASH meeting program and are planned solely by the sponsoring company.
Independent Satellite Symposia should be unique and answer an unmet educational need. Since MHM will be a virtual meeting in 2020, ASH will not limit the number of virtual ISS programs offered.
Please read the complete ISS guidelines before submitting your application. The application and a proposal to host an Independent Satellite Symposium must be submitted by July 22, 2020, through the online submission site.
The application and a proposal must be submitted through the online portal by July 22, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please pay close attention to each required component of the application. Please be as accurate and detailed as possible, as ASH will email information contained in the applications of all accepted programs to all pre-registered attendees. Please take all imperative steps to ensure all submitted information is as accurate as possible. ASH must be notified of any changes made after the submission deadline which includes, but is not limited to, change in the organizer, CME Provider, corporate supporter(s), speakers, symposium topics, and the title of the program.
Applications must be signed by representatives accepting responsibility for the program. By signing the application, each representative agrees to take responsibility for the following ASH ISS Guidelines. Please designate one contact person with whom ASH should communicate and who agrees to share information with other program representatives.
Organizer – the project manager or the organization responsible for submitting the application and serves as the main point of contact. Examples include medical education companies, ACCME-accredited providers, and educational partners. An organizer cannot be an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
CME Provider – an organization accredited as a provider of continuing medical education. Accredited CME providers assume the responsibility and accountability for developing certified educational activities.
Commercial Support/Supporter – financial, or in-kind, contributions given by a commercial interest, which is used to pay all or part of the costs of a CME activity. A commercial supporter cannot be an organizer or CME Provider.
All ISS cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
- Any cancellation requests received on or after August 4, 2020, will incur a 100 percent cancellation penalty. The ISS host will be issued no refund of any monies received by ASH for cancellation.
July 22, 2020 (COB Pacific time)
- Deadline for ISS application submissions
July 28, 2020
- Acceptance letters emailed by ASH; following acceptance, please submit your ISS registration site links to ASH at your earliest convenience in order to post them on the program website
August 3, 2020
- ISS payment and signed letter of agreement due to ASH via firstname.lastname@example.org
August 10, 2020
- ISS payments are due. All questions regarding payment should be directed to email@example.com or 703-631-6200 / 800-564-4220
August 20, 2020
- Deadline to submit all promotional and educational materials (invitations, handouts, signs, fliers, etc.) to ASH
- Deadline to submit mailing list request form to firstname.lastname@example.org (your mailing piece(s) must be pre-approved by ASH)
October 12, 2020 (COB Pacific time)
- Deadline to submit a one-page summary evaluation and final attendance count to the ASH Corporate Relations team at email@example.com by COB Pacific time
Please contact ASH Corporate Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org.