- Outfoxing OXPHOS: Amino Acid Metabolism and the Leukemia Stem CellOctober 17, 2019 | November-December 2019, Volume 16, Issue 6
Drs. O'Dwyer and Liesveld discuss unique metabolic dependencies of the leukemic stem cell, particularly amino acid metabolism to maintain OXPHOS for their survival.
- Chemoimmunotherapy in Advanced-Stage Hodgkin Lymphoma: Can We Define a Unified Regimen for All Ages?August 20, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Drs. Friedberg and O'Dwyer discuss a study designed to examine the efficacy of combining nivolumab and BV with a chemotherapy backbone of AVD as initial treatment for older children and adult patients with newly diagnosed stage III or IV classical Hodgkin lymphoma.
- Three Identical Strangers, One Pressing QuestionJune 12, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Kristen O'Dwyer discusses "Three Identical Strangers," a documentary film about triplet boys born to a single mother and adopted by three separate families, who later learn of each other's existence after a chance encounter and discover they were unwitting participants in a research study.
- On the Road to a Better CAR: Identifying the Variables Associated With a Durable Response to CAR T-Cell Therapy in Relapsed/Refractory B-ALLJune 05, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Fries and Dr. O'Dwyer discuss reported data on a cohort of adult patients with relapsed/refractory B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia who received lymphodepleting chemotherapy followed by an infusion of autologous T cells, and look at variables associated with durable CAR-T therapy response.
- A Step Forward in the Treatment of Adolescent and Young Adult B-cell Acute Lymphoblastic LeukemiaApril 15, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Dr. Boulware and Dr. O'Dwyer discuss a study that tested the efficacy and feasibility of a pediatric regimen for adolescent and young adult patients with newly diagnosed B- or T-lineage Philadelphia chromosome-negative acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Comprehensive Genomic Classification of Pediatric Mixed-Phenotype Acute LeukemiaFebruary 13, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Dr. O'Dwyer and Dr. Becker review several reports that provide a comprehensive genomic analysis of pediatric mixed phenotype acute leukemia, comparing its "genomic landscape" to other pediatric acute leukemia subtypes.