back to top
- Does Your MDS Treatment Have Mettle? The Utility of Iron Chelation Is Always a Point of Discussion in MDSSeptember 23, 2019 | November-December 2019, Volume 16, Issue 6
Dr. DeZern discusses the utility of iron chelation therapy in myelodysplastic syndromes.
- Compelling Evidence for Targeted Immunotherapy As Treatment for AMLJuly 24, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Drs. Kagan and DeZern discuss a novel approach to acute myeloid leukemia, particularly in the relapsed setting, that utilizes CD33-targeted CAR-Ts or antibody-drug conjugates coupled with transplantation of engineered stem cells to protect normal hematopoiesis.
- Should We Utilize Maintenance Therapy Post-Hematopoietic Cell Transplantation in Patients With FLT3/ITD-positive AML?May 22, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. DeZern comments on a study in which adult patients with FLT3/ITD acute myeloid leukemia are randomized to receive gilteritinib or placebo after the time of engraftment for a two-year period.
- Thrombocytopenia Post-transplantation: A Clinical Challenge in Need of a TherapyApril 10, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Dr. DeZern reviews two manuscripts observing the clinical experience of eltrombopag for thrombocytopenia post-stem cell transplantation.
- A New Standard Emerges: Rational Use of Venetoclax to Inhibit BCL-2 Allows Treatment of AML In Older PatientsFebruary 13, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Dr. DeZern discusses two studies that show improved outcomes for older patients with AML using a venetoclax and hypomethylating agents combination.
Dr. Dezern is a hematologist and medical oncologist at Sidney Kimmel Comprehensive Cancer Center, and Associate Professor of Oncology and Medicine at Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.