- RewIRE(1α)ing the Unfolded Protein Response in Multiple MyelomaOctober 08, 2019 | November-December 2019, Volume 16, Issue 6
Drs. Agius, Tahri, and Ghobrial reconsider the standard-of-care regimen for multiple myeloma.
- IgL Translocations for Risk Stratification in Multiple MyelomaAugust 06, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Drs. Dutta, Lightbody, Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, and Ghobrial discuss a study that shows that translocation of the immunoglobulin gene doesn't just enhance its partner gene expression but impacts patient survival, which suggests that patients with multiple myeloma may benefit from t(IgL) screening at diagnosis.
- XBP1s: Getting to the Roots of Multiple MyelomaJune 03, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Drs. Dong, Tahri, and Ghobrial discuss using the B cell-specific XBP-1 transgenic murine model to define a plasma cell progenitor cells population in multiple myeloma.
- Repositioning the Repurposed Drug, a Structural Study of Thalidomide AnalogsApril 11, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Drs. Rahmat, Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, and Ghobrial review the understanding of thalidomide-CRBN-mediated protein degradation and novel target proteins for thalidomide therapy.
- The Microbiome: A New Variable in Multiple Myeloma Disease ProgressionFebruary 13, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Drs. Shen, Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, and Ghobrial discuss studies that look to find the best therapeutic intervention for patients with high-risk smoldering multiple myeloma to prevent disease progression.
- In Search of Missed Tumors: Next-Generation Sequencing for Minimal Residual Disease Detection in Multiple Myeloma Comes of AgeDecember 21, 2018 | January-February 2019, Volume 16, Issue 1
Dr. Sklavenitis-Pistofidis, Dr. Dong, and Dr. Ghobrial discuss developments in the use next-generation sequencing for minimal residual disease detection in multiple myeloma.
- Can We Vaccinate Our Way Out of Multiple Myeloma Progression?October 10, 2018 | November-December 2018, Volume 15, Issue 6
Drs. Tahri, Mouhieddine, and Ghobrial discuss studies that evaluate the efficacy of vaccination to prevent multiple myeloma progression.
- Redefining Risks in Multiple Myeloma is Still a Work in ProgressAugust 27, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
Dr. Mouhieddine and Dr. Ghobrial discuss the importance of redefining risk-stratification in multiple myeloma.
- Targeting a Myeloma Translocation for the First Time: The t(11;14) JourneyJune 26, 2018 | July-August 2018, Volume 15, Issue 4
Drs. Sklavenitis Pistofidis and Ghobrial discuss a study that looks at a targeted approach to therapy for multiple myeloma patients carrying a t(1;14) translocation.
- Immunotherapy in Multiple Myeloma: The Era of CAR T Cell TherapyApril 02, 2018 | May-June 2018, Volume 15, Issue 3
Dr. Ghobrial and Dr. Mouhieddine discuss the field of immunotherapy in multiple myeloma, specifically the use of CAR T cell therapy.