- Escape Mechanisms in Allosteric IDH InhibitionJuly 26, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Dr. Kim discusses mechanisms for evasion of isocitrate dehydrogenase (IDH) inhibition.
- Seeking Insight Into the AML Subpopulations and Microenvironment Through Single-cell RNA-SeqJune 03, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Khatri and Dr. Kim study the acute myeloid leukemia subpopulations and microenvironment using high-throughput single-cell RNA sequencing.
- Leukemia Is Exhausting...April 26, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Drs. Wright and Kim discuss a study that examined T cell subset distribution and activating/inhibitory checkpoint receptor-ligand expression in the bone marrow microenvironment of acute myeloid leukemia.
- Monitoring Treatment Response in Multiple Myeloma: Wading Into the Deep EndFebruary 21, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Drs. Ouseph and Kim discuss the utility of MRD measurements in the context of MM and the use of deep sequencing of clonotypic rearrangements by NGS to achieve greater analytical sensitivity in assessing MRD, and thus predicting outcomes in myeloma.
- Molecular Versus Morphologic Classifications of Myeloproliferative Neoplasms: You Don't Know JAK!December 21, 2018 | January-February 2019, Volume 16, Issue 1
Dr. Vignesh Shanmugam and Dr. Kim discuss studies that compare molecular and morphologic classifications of myeloproliferative neoplasms.
- Bring Novel Agents to the Fore in B-ALL: Adding Inotuzumab to Pediatric-Inspired Regimens for AYAsOctober 10, 2018 | November-December 2018, Volume 15, Issue 6
Drs. Luskin, DeAngelo, and Kim review a study that tests the clinical efficacy of combining an adolescent and young adult chemotherapy regimen with a novel antibody in the treatment of B-cell acute lymphoblastic leukemia.
- Circulating Tumor DNA in Lymphoma Monitoring: Fantasy, Fad, or Fact?September 04, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
Dr. Kim discusses a study that showcases the utility of circulating tumor DNA monitoring in classic Hodgkin lymphoma.
- The Usual Suspects Aren't Always the Bad Guys! Molecular MRD Comes of Age in AMLJuly 13, 2018 | July-August 2018, Volume 15, Issue 4
Dr. Kim discusses a study that demonstrates the relevance of molecular minimal residual disease by next-generation sequencing in acute myeloid leukemia.
- BETting on Targeted Therapy for ASXL1-mutated Myeloid NeoplasmsApril 26, 2018 | May-June 2018, Volume 15, Issue 3
Dr. Kim discusses a study that shows a critical link between ASXL1 truncation mutations and a novel therapeutic avenue employing BET bromodomain inhibitors through their demonstration of gain of altered ASXL1 function.
- A Real Nose-PincherApril 23, 2018 | May-June 2018, Volume 15, Issue 3
In this Image Challenge, Dr. Li and Dr. Kim present two peripheral blood smears and a bone marrow biopsy you can use to determine the cause of a patient's neutropenia.