- Meet the 2019 ASH Honorific Award RecipientsAugust 05, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Learn about the 2019 ASH Honorific Award recipients and read some words of wisdom they had for those considering entering the field of hematology.
- Hematology Advocate and Researcher Discusses the Importance of Being Active in GovernmentJuly 26, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Dr. Jonathan Hoggatt spoke with The Hematologist about his love of advocacy and his experience being involved in ASH's advocacy efforts.
- Sickle Cell Disease Clinician Speaks on Why Advocacy Is Critical to Her PatientsJune 05, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Dr. Julie Kanter, one of the Society's most vocal sickle cell disease (SCD) advocates, spoke with The Hematologist about her success speaking out on behalf of patients with SCD.
- Committee on Practice Chair Talks to DC Policy Makers About Issues Facing PractitionersApril 27, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
ASH Committee on Practice Chair Dr. Joseph Alvarnas discusses issues faced by practicing hematologists and why it is important for physicians to have their voices heard by policymakers.
- Government Affairs Committee Chair Speaks on the Need for Advocacy in the New CongressFebruary 20, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
ASH Government Affairs Committee Chair, Dr. Alan Rosmarin, stresses the importance of becoming involved in ASH's advocacy efforts.
- ASH Member Speaks to the Grassroots Network About Running for CongressDecember 20, 2018 | January-February 2019, Volume 16, Issue 1
Dr. Jason Westin spoke to the Grassroots Network at the 2018 Grassroots Network Lunch in San Diego about his experience running for Congress and urged them to advocate for their patients and science.
- ASH Advocates Head to the Hill for HematologyOctober 16, 2018 | November-December 2018, Volume 15, Issue 6
ASH Leadership Institute participants Drs. Alexis Leonard and Deepa Manwani discuss their time in our nation's capital advocating for hematology.
- ASH Officers Meet With Health and Human Services LeadersAugust 27, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
Dr. Roy Silverstein talks about his experience meeting with U.S. Department of Health and Human Services leaders on July 12, 2018, to discuss the Society's work and mission in the area of sickle cell disease.
- Putting In the (Net)Work to Cure SCDAugust 24, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
New Director of the Sickle Cell Disease Clinical Trials Network Dr. Charles Chesson answers questions about his role and the direction of the network in the near future.
- Not a Bridge Too FarFebruary 28, 2018 | March-April 2018, Volume 15, Issue 2
Dr. David Bodine provides insight into the ASH Bridge Grant's origins, future, and current impact on hematology.