- Reducing the Likelihood of Harm Associated With Use of Anticoagulant TherapyOctober 04, 2019 | November-December 2019, Volume 16, Issue 6
Dr. May and Dr. Moll describe the Joint Commission's guidelines and resources for reducing the likelihood of harm associated with use of anticoagulant therapy.
- Is the Future of the Benign Hematology Consult Electronic?August 15, 2019 | September-October 2019, Volume 16, Issue 5
Drs. May and Moll discuss an exciting, promising new approach that maximizes access to nonmalignant hematology expertise: a virtual nonmalignant hematology consultation service, commonly referred to as an electronic consultation or e-consult.
- Acute DVT or PE in Cancer Patients: Apixaban Reasonable to Use?June 10, 2019 | July-August 2019, Volume 16, Issue 4
Drs. Moll and Nagler discuss the CARAVAGGIO study, an ongoing trial that looks at whether apixaban can be safely and effectively used in patients with cancer and acute deep vein thrombosis or pulmonary embolism.
- An Unusual Thank-You LetterApril 30, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Dr. Stephan Moll provides an update on Charlie the lemur who recently passed away, and shares a thank-you letter sent to him by the Duke Lemur Center.
- Apixaban Versus Rivaroxaban: Which One to Use in VTE Treatment?April 12, 2019 | May-June 2019, Volume 16, Issue 3
Dr. Houghton and Dr. Moll discuss two observational studies that have directly compared apixaban to rivaroxaban for the initial treatment of venous thromboembolism.
- Thromboprophylaxis in Ambulatory Cancer Patients: Results of the AVERT TrialFebruary 25, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Drs. May and Moll discuss the AVERT Trial, which provides a novel approach to thromboprophylaxis in ambulatory patients with cancer.
- An Unusual ConsultFebruary 20, 2019 | March-April 2019, Volume 16, Issue 2
Dr. Moll talks about his experience with an unusual consult as a coagulationist observing an adult, male lemur with a "lame leg" from Duke Lemur Center.
- The Year's Best in Thrombosis: ESUS – Management of Unexplained Arterial ThromboembolismDecember 21, 2018 | January-February 2019, Volume 16, Issue 1
Dr. Jori May and Dr. Moll shed light on 2018 advances on the topic of unexplained arterial thromboembolism.
- Updates on Usefulness of HERDOO2 Score and on Direct Oral Anticoagulant Use in Antiphospholipid SyndromeOctober 29, 2018 | November-December 2018, Volume 15, Issue 6
Dr. Moll provides updates on the usefulness of HERDOO2 score and direct oral anticoagulants in the treatment of antiphospholipid sydromes.
- Do Plasma Levels of Direct Oral Anticoagulants Correlate With Hemorrhagic and Thrombotic Complications?August 21, 2018 | September-October 2018, Volume 15, Issue 5
Dr. Moll discusses a study that looks at whether plasma levels of direct oral anticoagulants correlate with hemorrhagic and thrombotic complications.