You are eligible to apply for International membership if you reside outside of Canada, Mexico, or the United States, have a doctoral degree or its equivalent, and have made a contribution to the field of hematology.
Annual dues: $375 (must be paid at the time of application)
Already a member? Log in to access your benefits.
Benefits of International Membership
- Blood (online only*), including access to its mobile app
- Hematology, the ASH Education Program (online only*)
- The Hematologist: ASH News and Reports (online only*)
- ASH Clinical News (online only*)
- ASH NewsLink, a monthly electronic newsletter
- save more than $400 on registration
- access to member-only registration and priority hotels before registration opens to the general public
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
- registration discounts on the Society’s other educational and scientific meetings
- discounts on ASH meeting webcasts and other educational products
- more than $100 discount on the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
*International members receive online-only subscriptions to Blood and ASH Clinical News. If you are interested in receiving a print subscription to Blood, there is an annual postage surcharge of $100.
Key Dates and Deadlines
ASH membership is from January 1 to December 31. Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year.
The ASH Executive Committee considers International membership applications twice per year. For consideration in spring, submit your completed membership application by March 1. For consideration during the ASH annual meeting in December, submit your completed membership application by August 1.
How to Apply
You will need the following information to complete your application:
- Name, email address, and ASH Member ID of the ASH member who is sponsoring you
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the Active/International membership application and submit it to ASH Customer Service using one of the methods listed below.
PO Box 251
Annapolis Junction, MD 02701
ASH members are required to renew their memberships for each year in succession. Those who let their membership lapse must pay dues for the lapsed year(s) or re-apply according to the schedule above in order to have their memberships reinstated. Renew now.
- Global Initiatives
ASH provides a wide array of educational opportunities to hematologists in research and practice around the world.