You are eligible to apply for Associate membership if you reside in Canada, Mexico, or the United States and:
- are a post-doctoral fellow with an MD or equivalent medical degree and are enrolled in an ACGME-accredited hematology or oncology training program, or
- are a student who has a PhD and is in a post-doctoral position or training program in a hematology- and/or hematology/oncology-related field.
Do not apply for Associate membership if you are enrolled in ASH Fundamentals for Hematology Fellows. You will receive an email from ASH regarding your Associate membership once your institution’s enrollment is complete.
Annual dues: $55 (must be paid at the time of application)Become a member
Already a member? Log in to access your benefits.
Benefits of Associate Membership
back to top
Subscriptions to Leading Hematology Publications
- Blood, including access to its mobile app
- Hematology, the ASH Education Program
- The Hematologist: ASH News and Reports
- ASH Clinical News
- ASH NewsLink and TraineE-News, monthly electronic newsletters
Exclusive Annual Meeting Discounts and Benefits
- discount on registration
- access to member-only registration and priority hotels before registration opens to the general public
- eligibility to submit or sponsor abstracts
Resources for Continuing Education
- registration discounts on the Society’s other educational and scientific meetings
- discounts on ASH meeting webcasts and other educational products
- more than $200 discount on the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP)
- apply for ASH awards, grants, and training programs
- serve on the ASH Trainee Council and select ASH committees
- access ASH’s online member directory
Key Dates and Deadlines
ASH membership is from January 1 to December 31. Membership dues are paid annually and cover the calendar year.
ASH Associate membership applications are considered on a rolling basis. However, please note that it takes 2-3 weeks to process these applications.back to top
How to Apply
You will need the following information to complete your application:
- Academic history
- Work experience
- Curriculum vitae
- Letter from your training program director certifying that you are a post-doctoral fellow or trainee, indicating the type of program, and specifying the expected completion date
To apply by email, fax, or mail, please complete the Associate membership application and submit it to ASH Customer Service using one of the methods listed below.
Mail:back to top
PO Box 251
Annapolis Junction, MD 02701
ASH members are required to renew their memberships for each year in succession. Those who let their membership lapse must pay dues for the lapsed year(s) or re-apply according to the schedule above in order to have their memberships reinstated. Renew now
back to top