The deadline for ISS submissions has been extended through July 15. Apply now
The Independent Satellite Symposia (ISS) are industry-sponsored, CME-certified symposia offered in conjunction with ASH meetings. These events are not part of the official ASH meeting program and are planned solely by the sponsoring company.
There will be one ISS available on each of the following dates in conjunction with the ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies.
- September 6, 2019, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
- September 7, 2019, 7:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
How to Apply
Please read the complete ISS guidelines before submitting your application. The application and a proposal to host an Independent Satellite Symposium must be submitted by July 15, 2019, through the online submission site.
ASH policy prohibits members of the following groups from participating in the ISS at the ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies:
back to top
- Members of the 2019 ASH Committee on Educational Affairs
- 2019 ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies Speakers
The application and a proposal must be submitted through the online portal by July 15, 2019. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed. Please pay close attention to each required component of the application. Please be as accurate and detailed as possible, as ASH will email information contained in the applications of all accepted programs to all pre-registered attendees. Please take all imperative steps to ensure all submitted information is as accurate as possible. ASH must be notified of any changes made after the submission deadline which includes, but is not limited to, change in the organizer, CME Provider, corporate supporter(s), speakers, symposium topics, and the title of the program.
Applications must be signed by representatives accepting responsibility for the program. By signing the application, each representative agrees to take responsibility for the following ASH ISS Guidelines. Please designate one contact person with whom ASH should communicate and who agrees to share information with other program representatives.back to top
Organizer – the project manager or the organization responsible for submitting the application and serves as the main point of contact. Examples include medical education companies, ACCME-accredited providers, and educational partners. An organizer cannot be an ACCME-defined commercial interest.
CME Provider – an organization accredited as a provider of continuing medical education. Accredited CME providers assume the responsibility and accountability for developing certified educational activities.
Commercial Support/Supporter – financial, or in-kind, contributions given by a commercial interest, which is used to pay all or part of the costs of a CME activity. A commercial supporter cannot be an organizer or CME Provider.back to top
All ISS cancellation requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.
back to top
- Any cancellation requests received July 1, 2019, through August 1, 2019, will incur a 50 percent cancellation penalty.
- Any cancellation requests received on or after August 2, 2019, will incur a 100 percent cancellation penalty. The ISS host will be issued no refund of any monies received by ASH for cancellation.
Important Dates and Deadlines
July 15, 2019
- Deadline for ISS application submissions
July 12, 2019
- Acceptance letters emailed by ASH; following acceptance, please submit your ISS registration site links to ASH at your earliest convenience in order to post them on the program website
July 26, 2019
- ISS payment and signed letter of agreement due to ASH
August 2, 2019
- Deadline to submit all promotional and educational materials (invitations, handouts, signs, fliers, etc.) to ASH
- Deadline to submit mailing list request form to firstname.lastname@example.org (your mailing piece(s) must be pre-approved by ASH)
October 31, 2019 (COB Pacific time)
back to top
- Deadline to submit a one-page summary evaluation and final attendance count to the ASH Corporate Relations team at email@example.com by COB Pacific time
Please contact ASH Corporate Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org
back to top