The 2019 application cycle is now open. Click here to apply.
Applications will be processed every 2-4 weeks.
Since 1999, ASH has distributed educational materials to hospitals and universities in low- and middle-income countries through its International Outreach Initiative (IOI). The goal of the IOI is to help address hematology-related needs in developing areas of the world, with regards to research, practice, and training.
The ASH International Members Committee oversees the IOI.
The educational materials that are distributed through the IOI include:
- Online access to the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP), Sixth Edition, a comprehensive educational resource that features case studies, key points, and self-test questions and answers
- Online access to Hematology 2018, the ASH Education Program, which provides in-depth chapters covering each session presented in the ASH annual meeting Education Program.
- Webcast featuring presentations of the Education and Scientific Program sessions from the most recent ASH annual meeting
- Webcast featuring presentations from the most recent Highlights of ASH
- Webcast featuring presentations from the most recent ASH Meeting on Hematologic Malignancies
Please note: An online subscription to Blood, the journal of the American Society of Hematology, is only available through the Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative (HINARI) of the World Health Organization. If you would like to receive free online access to Blood, please visit the HINARI website for eligibility and instructions on how to register your institution.back to top
back to top
- The applicant must be from a low- or middle-income country.
- The applicant must be affiliated with a hospital, university, clinic, or a cooperative group of institutions within an eligible region. ASH will not consider applications for personal or individual use.
How to Apply
The online IOI application is now available. Applications will be processed every 2-4 weeks.back to top
Sign Up for Updates
Submit your email address to be receive program information.back to top
For more information regarding the International Outreach Initiative, please contact:
back to top
International Programs Coordinator