ASH Foundation Gifts in Action
Every gift to the ASH Foundation is a vital philanthropic investment in ASH’s mission of helping hematologists conquer blood diseases worldwide. Donations of all amounts help sustain the future of hematology as a vibrant, flourishing career path in both academia and clinical practice. The ultimate beneficiaries of gifts to the ASH Foundation are patients battling blood diseases worldwide.
Your Philanthropic Investments in Action
Through charitable support from the ASH Foundation, ASH is able to enhance and expand important hematology programs and pursue new, visionary initiatives.
Recent examples of ASH Foundation gifts in action include:
- Global Research Award: funding for an eighth meritorious applicant in 2018
- Minority Medical Student Award Program (MMSAP): funding for seven additional awards (2018-2019)
- HONORS Award: funding for two additional awards in 2018
- Abstract Achievement Awards: funding for up to 50 individual trainees from developing countries (2017 ASH Annual Meeting)
- ASH Meeting on Lymphoma Biology Abstract Awards: funding for nine additional awards in 2018
ASH Training Programs
- Online training modules in non-malignant hematology: funding in 2017 to pilot two new online training modules on coagulation and sickle cell disease
- ASH Trainee Day for Clinical Research: piloted at Highlights of ASH in Asia-Pacific in 2017
- ASH Hematology Workforce Study: seed money to launch a new study in 2017 as part of ASH’s recruitment and retention initiative
- Clinical Research Training Institute (CRTI):
- piloted a new advanced CRTI "boot camp" in Latin America in 2017
- support for an additional CRTI participant in 2018
ASH Sickle Cell Disease Initiative
- Support for a Hematology-Oncology Society of Africa (HOSA) representative to attend the Sickle Cell Disease Coalition (SCDC) meeting at ASH headquarters in 2018
- Honoraria in 2017 for patient and family representatives to serve on ASH’s sickle cell disease guideline panels as part of the Society’s Sickle Cell Disease Initiative
- FDA-ASH Sickle Cell Disease Clinical Endpoints Workshop funded entirely through private philanthropy
- Workshop to Expand Comprehensive Care Approaches for Adults Living with SCD (2018-2019)
ASH Global Programs
Health Volunteers Overseas participants. Learn more about ASH's Global Programs.
- Two meetings preceding Highlights of ASH in Latin America: provided support for two meetings in Brazil in April 2018 (the ASH Guidelines Panel on Venous Thromboembolism for Latin America and a workshop on development of a Latin American hematology registry)
- Global Capacity-Building Showcase: funded two additional poster awards at the 2017 ASH Annual Meeting, fostering international collaborations with hematologists from low- and middle-income countries
- Visitor Training Program, Latin American Training Program, and Health Volunteers Overseas: more than 20 additional awards/travel stipends provided (2017-2019)
- International Consortium on Acute Leukemia (ICAL): funding for additional data manager work, which is integral to proper maintenance and integrity of ICAL’s research and data
Help move hematology forward with a charitable gift to the ASH Foundation. Donate securely online or learn about other ways to give.
Because of strong institutional support from ASH, 100 percent of all charitable donations to the ASH Foundation directly benefit programs sponsored by ASH and are tax-deductible as allowed by law.
back to top