Before Getting Started | Program Year 1 | Program Year 2 | Program Year 3
- Show clear advances in your research project: update your data and results, if needed make a partial analysis.
- Prepare an abstract for submission to the ASH annual meeting: If you have an ongoing project in hematology, consider preparing an abstract for submission to the upcoming ASH annual meeting. resenting at the ASH annual meeting will provide you with networking opportunities, and demonstrates your interest within specific areas of hematology. Deadline for abstract submission is usually August (check Annual Meeting section for details).
- Join ASH: ASH provides valuable discounts and resources to trainees that will help them further their careers, and allow you to apply and avail of certain grants and programs that ASH offers its members. It is also a prerequisite to discounted registration fee at the ASH annual meeting. ASH Applications for Associate membership are processed throughout the year until early November.
- Attend AMEH Annual Meeting: usually held each year in April, the Agrupación Mexicana para el Estudio de la Hematología (AMEH) is the nation’s largest Hematologists Society Meeting.
- Consider a small secondary project if your primary project will take over a year to complete. It may lead to an abstract, poster, mauscript, etc.
- Ask a professor and participate with them in:
- Writing a review article or book chapter that will enhance your knowledge of your field may be useful, but these publications are usually not peer-reviewed. Since they may not be regarded as highly as peer-reviewed publications, you may want to limit such projects.
- Expand your knowledge, attend conferences. Attending conferences at your institution (within your division, department, and undergraduate/graduate departments) can help gain exposure to faculty's research interests.
- ASH Annual Meeting: be ready to attend the ASH Annual Meeting and don't forget the Trainee Day. You can use the ASH Training section to find information on how to move through the meeting.
- If applicable: be ready to write your annual promotion final exam.
- Trainee AMEH update: if possible attend the AMEH annual trainee update held in Mexico City.
back to top