Leave this window open while you follow the steps below and maneuver through the ASH portion of the Multiple Myeloma Practice Improvement Module (PIM).
1) Review Measures for Multiple Myeloma
The ASH Pay for Performance Task Force has developed a list of 11 measures for multiple myeloma that will be the focus of this PIM. This list is not meant to be all inclusive, but rather identifies specific areas in practice that the Task Force has selected to focus on for quality improvement. By way of the chart abstraction tool, your compliance with these eleven measures will be tested. Please print and review these measures.
2) Select Your Patient Sample
Patients can be included in this module if:
- They have been seen by the practice within the past 12 months; and
- Management decisions regarding care are made primarily by providers in the practice.
Select 15 (minimum of 10) of your multiple myeloma patients for review:
||Multiple myeloma, Kahler disease, myelomatosis
||Solitary myeloma, extramedullary plasmacytoma
The following fifth-digit subclassification is for use with category 203.0:
||without mention of remission
3) Begin the Multiple Myeloma PIM
Use the chart abstraction tool to evaluate your patient cases.
4) Add Another Patient
Return to the chart abstraction tool to add chart information on another patient. You must enter information for a total of 10 patients before obtaining your personal results report.
5) Obtain Your Personal Results Report
After you have entered data for all of your patients, follow the instructions below to obtain your personal results report.
- Visit the View Summary page. This page includes compiled data for all Multiple Myeloma PIM users.
- Click the Filter Responses button on the top right of the page.
- Check the Filter by Responses box on the top left of the page.
- Click the New Response Filter button.
Click the pull down after 1. Show responses of people who answered question and select Your pseudonym (unique identifier).
- In the box that follows "with text, " enter your name exactly as you entered it in the Your pseudonym question.
- Select all words from the adjacent drop down box.
- Click the Save Changes button (top right of report). This will filter out all but your results for viewing.
- You will now be able to view your personal results. Print the final report.
If you wish to change the "Your pseudonym" identifier, or if you were interrupted while completing the survey and need to eliminate incomplete responses, send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6) Enter Performance Data
When you have obtained your personal results report and are ready to proceed, return to the ABIM Website (http://www.abim.org) and log in using your candidate number or social security number and password to access the ABIM Self-Directed PIM*. You will be asked to choose a single measure from your personal results and to develop an action plan to improve performance for your selected measure.
Please note that a sample size of 10 or more is required for Part IV credit - do not select a measure for your improvement plan if you reported on fewer than 10 patients for that measure.
*Only board-certified physicians enrolled in ABIM's Maintenance of Certification (MOC) program will be able to access and complete the ABIM Self-Directed HCT PIM. If you would like more information about becoming board certified in or enrolling in the MOC program, please visit the ABIM Website.
back to top