Since 1999, ASH has distributed educational materials to institutions and cooperative groups in developing countries through its International Outreach Initiative (IOI). The goal of the IOI is to help address the hematology-related needs in research, practice, and training in developing areas of the world. The ASH International Members Committee oversees the IOI.
Educational materials that are distributed through the IOI include:
- Online access to the ASH Self-Assessment Program (ASH-SAP), a two-volume textbook with case studies, key points, and self-test questions
- A flash drive of the abstracts from the most recent ASH annual meeting
- A DVD featuring audio-visual presentations of the Education Program sessions from the most recent ASH annual meeting
- Access to webcasts of presentations from the most recent Highlights of ASH®
- A DVD featuring audio-visual presentations from the most recent ASH State-of-the-Art Symposium
As of June 1, 2012, an online subscription to Blood, the journal of the American Society of Hematology, will be available only through the Health InterNetwork Access to Research Initiative (HINARI) of the World Health Organization. If you would like to receive free online access to the journal, please visit the HINARI website for eligibility and instructions on how to register your institution.
* Travel grants formerly administered through this program are no longer available.
Apply for the IOI
To apply for the International Outreach Program, please complete the 2013 Application:
For more information regarding the International Outreach Initiative, please contact Michelle Lara, International Programs Coordinator.
back to top